Saturday 24 July 2010

Day 08 - A Photo That Makes Me Angry/Sad


The Ringling Brothers' Elephants
The saddest show on earth


These pictures make me angry and sad. I actually cry when I see pictures like this...

Elephants are one of my favourite animals on the planet.
In the circus, they are broken down with beatings and what is essentially torture, from a very young age until they are nothing but a performing shell of an animal. And it's not just elephants, most circus animals are 'trained' in cruel and degrading ways which would break your heart if you knew.
If you do want to know more, click on the picture above. (Beware: it's not for the faint hearted)


Would you go to an animal circus knowing what you do now?
(if you looked at the website)
I don't think I ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment