Saturday 6 November 2010

Weekend Words

Thank You, Daddy
My 11 year old brother is obsessed with WWE so when I found out there was a tour this year, I nicely asked my Dad if we could go and he obliged. The venue is only down the road from where I live at Uni, so both my brothers stayed at my house last night after the show.
My girlfriends can't understand why I wanted to go. I'm not a huge fan of wrestling myself but I'm always happy to do absolutely anything that will provide me with some entertainment and last night didn't disappoint. And anyway, it's not like it hurt my eyes to watch those guys throwing each other around.



I Bumped In To My Tutor From High School
When I was in the city centre this week, I saw a woman waving at me and recognised it as the 'form tutor' - basically the teacher who took my class's register in the morning and who had to deal with all my misbehavings - that I had for the first 4 or 5 years of my comprehensive (high) school education. She was lovely to me even though I was a typical teenage train wreck back then and particularly spiteful to her even though, now I see in hindsight, she only wanted to help all of us.
 She was happy to hear that I was studying Accounting, especially since she was also my Business Studies teacher for two years and taught me my first bits of accounting which got me interested in the subject.


No Nails
It's been almost a whole week since I even painted my nails. For most of the week I have been sporting bare nails. It's probably the first time I've left the house without polish on in close to three years and I am a bit conscious of the yellow stains.
I've just been wearing a coat of OPI's Original Nail Envy which I won in Marina's giveaway a few weeks back and it is definitely strengthening my nails. They are the longest and strongest they've been in a long time. I love this stuff.



Human Technology Will Render Us Obsolete
My DSLR camera broke yesterday while I was at the WWE show. After some fiddling, I discovered that it will switch on without the memory card in but not when it is in which isn't much use to me since there is not a bit of internal memory. I've had this camera for 2 years and am absolutely gutted since it is my 2nd most prized possession (after my car, which I also had to say goodbye to last week) and I probably won't be able to afford any repairs for a long time. I also don't know how it will affect my ability to blog, especially on The Nailasaurus where the pictures are the fundamental ingredient.


My mobile phone is also on the blink. It won't hold a charge for more than 10 hours but that's probably a simple case of an ageing battery.


Love Film
You may or may not know that I am a self-proclaimed movie nerd. I'm the one who actually looks forward to the trailers before the film starts and says 'I want to see that' after almost every single one.
I went to the cinema twice this week to see 'Easy A' on Monday and 'The Kids Are All Right' on Wednesday. I wasn't disappointed in either of them and would recommend them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment